Before bottling day remember to prep your bottles the day before, so that your bottles will be clean and ready to get filled with your beer right away.
Prep Bottles- Submerge each bottle in a StarSan solution. (Do not rinse clean, StarSan is safe for beer, more safe than water.)
- If you have access to a dishwasher, load it up and let drip dry or hit the sanitize cycle.
Bottling Day Steps
- Measure and record your beer for the ABV with the Hydrometer. This is the final calculation in determining the percentage of alcohol in your beer.
- Add the room temperature priming sugar to the bottling bucket with spigot.
- Rack your beer from the second fermentation bucket into the bottling bucket.
- Hookup your tube from your spigot to your bottling filler so you can fill your bottles with beer.
- Cap the bottles and store in dark place around 64-72 Fahrenheit.
- Wait 2 weeks for bottles to become fully carbonated and tasty.